Local Info - San Diego
We thought these links might be useful in planning your trip to visit us in San Diego!
General USA Hostel Links
- San Diego Weather - Let me guess - sunny?
- SD Citybeat - Find out what's hot and happening in San Diego this week.
- San Diego Surf Report - It wouldn't be a trip to San Diego without a day spent at the beach. Check out this site for surf reports and other useful info.
- Gaslamp Quarter - There's always something going on in this fun, vibrant neighborhood and we're located right in the heart of it all!
- SeaWorld - Take a day to visit Shamu while you're in town. Discount tickets available at the hostel.
- San Diego Zoo - Visit the country's most famous zoo. See the pandas, check out the lush monkey habitat and take a ride on the Skyfari Aerial Tram. Buy your discounted tickets at reception before leaving the hostel!
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park - Head to the safari park to see animals from all over the world, including rhinos, giraffes, cheetahs, and rare California Condors. And have your own adventures on the Jungle Ropes course and the Flightline zipline!
- Ocean Beach, - Pacific Beach, La Jolla, and Coronado beaches--there's no shortage of places to enjoy the sun and sand!
- Ocean Beach Surf and Skate - Why not try a surf lesson while you're in town?
- Grapeline Wine Tours - Don't miss the chance to visit some of California's best wineries while you're here! A variety of tours and rates are available, but book in advance!
- Balboa Park - Whether you want to visit San Diego's best museums or just lay out in the sun for an afternoon, Balboa Park is gorgeous and full of things to do.
- Horton Plaza - Shop till you drop...
- Las Americas Premium Outlets - And then shop some more!
- Skydive San Diego - Get a completely new perspective on San Diego by doing a tandem skydive! This exciting activity will not only get your heart pumping, you'll get a beautiful view of most of San Diego and into Mexico. It's a breathtaking adventure that's not to be missed. Participants can get photos and videos taken to relive their experience and scare their parents!Ask at reception for the name of our favorite sky dive instructor who has more than 6000 jumps....
- Farmer's Markets - Fresh produce, local and delicious!
- San Diego Harbor Excursions - Discounts on harbor tours and whale watching excursions available at reception!
- Coronado Brewing Company - Ballast Point, and The Beer Company - taste beers at local breweries!
- San Diego Bus, Trolley and Train Information - Information on San Diego's public transportation system.
- The Bike Revolution - What is the best way to get around America's Finest City? Hire a bike. Just a few blocks from the hostel (6th and Island) you'll find Peter, the friendliest guy in San Diego who will rent you one of his bikes for the whole day for just $15 (price includes helmet, bike-lock, and a map). Make sure to tell him you are staying at USA Hostels to get this discounted price!
- Enterprise-Rent-A-Car - The best way to see the surrounding areas of Southern California. Great customer service and weekend special rates.
- Avis - Nation-wide rental company with locations all over the greater LA area.
- Hertz - Another large chain, with tons of options and locations.
- Coronado Ferry - Why limit yourself to the roads? Hop on a ferry to Coronado and enjoy beaches, shopping and more in the Crown City.